CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 18, 2010

Happy Martin Luther King Day


Race relations in the United States would be a completely different without Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. I appreciate the non-violent approach he took towards hatred and injustice. I have no idea how he dealt with the death threats and constant attacks on his character. His desire to get Black people equal rights outweighed his fear of death. It is mind boggling to me that certain states took decades to acknowledge Dr. King and his accomplishments. I could write at length about that foolishness. but I don't want to dwell on negativity.

I think Dr. King would be a fan of Gil Scott-Heron and most of the messages in Scott-Heron's music. "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised" is one of my favorites. 


0 comments: