CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 21, 2009

PETA is Pitiful


Headed west on Atlantic Boulevard, you might have seen a billboard of PETA's latest campaign, urging people to "save the whales." It's an ad created by PETA, but it's drawing a lot of criticism because some say it's comparing overweight women to the sea mammals.

"If I were to look at it, yeah, maybe a little offensive," one local man said.

Offensive or not, PETA's campaign is attracting attention."Save the whales, lose the blubber" is pushing people to become vegetarian."I think it's kind of bad for us people," a local woman said. "I think it is bad taste. Lose the blubber. Oh my God, no."

"It's an insult," another local woman added. "People who are overweight are not whales."

Source

These guys...

PETA has officially jumped the shark. I have given that organization the benefit of the doubt too many times. PETA members seem to have their hearts in the right place, but some of them have gradually become extremists. Extremists get lots of attention, but their opinions are scoffed at by almost everyone who hears them. If PETA members were serious about helping animals, they wouldn't continue antagonize so many people. The billboard ads PETA posted in Florida are inaccurate and they are demeaning towards overweight women. I know for a fact that being a vegetarian will not automatically help you "lose the blubber". I know plenty of vegetarians who are overweight because they snack heavily on processed foods. The billboard is just another reason to believe that the PETA extremists care more about animals than people. I believe in the ethical treatment of animals, but I cannot respect the methodology PETA is using to reach that end.

I am sure there are a number of people within PETA who wish the organization wasn't so extreme. The acts of a few can really ruin things for everyone. The movement to protect animals will continue to take backward steps if PETA members continue to act a fool. Oh well...it's their prerogative.

Everybody's talking all this stuff about me
Why don't they just let me live
I don't need commission
Make my own decisions
That's my prerogative

0 comments: