CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 19, 2009

Ignorance Wins Again

Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor resigned Friday from an elite all-women's club after Republicans questioned her participation in it. Sotomayor said she resigned from the Belizean Grove to prevent the issue from becoming a distraction in her confirmation hearings.

In a letter to Democratic Sen. Patrick Leahy of Vermont and Republican Sen. Jeff Sessions of Alabama, the federal appeals court judge said she is convinced that the club does not practice "invidious discrimination" and that her membership in it did not violate judicial ethics.

But she said she didn't want questions about it to "distract anyone from my qualifications and record." Federal judges are bound by a code that says they shouldn't join any organization that discriminates by race, sex, religion or nationality.

Source

I really wish I was able to devote more time to writing this blog. I have been flooded with work at my 9 to 5. Anyway, it looks like some of the ignorant talking heads on the Right have picked up another victory. Sonia Sotomayor's resignation from Belizean Grove is really unfortunate. It's not like she was a member of some radical organization that wants to destroy America. The Right's opposition to Sotomayor's membership is yet another example that the GOP is in trouble.

The "racist tag" didn't stick and the "she's a bitch" insinuation didn't go anywhere either. I understand that Supreme Court justices aren't allowed to belong to any organization that discriminates by race, sex, religion or nationality. Sotomayor's membership in Belizean Grove, however, should be an exception to the rule.

If I wasn't so laid back, this situation would make me wanna "Scream". I cannot believe I actually wanted to be a politician at one point in my life.

Tired of injustice
Tired of the schemes
Kinda disgusted
So what does this mean
Kicking me down and I
I got to get up
As jacked as it sounds
The whole system sucks

0 comments: