CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 11, 2009

The 13th Annual Webby Awards



The Webby Awards are given to people who have demonstrated excellence on the Internet. Established in 1996 during the Web's infancy, the Webbys are presented by The International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences, a 550-member body of leading Web experts, business figures, luminaries, visionaries and creative celebrities. The 13th Annual Webby Awards expands the mission of the Webby by honoring excellence in over 100+ Website, Interactive Advertising, Online Film & Video, and Mobile Web categories.

The video above is entitled "Bill O'Reilly's Producer" and it won a Webby in the Video Remixes/Mashups category. This spoof is even more hilarious than the original Bill O'Reilly tirade. I'm glad this award show is in existence. There are a lot of creative people on the Internet that deserve recognition. The strong celebrity presence at this event surprised me. The cynical side of me believes that most of the celebs in attendance are publicity whores. Their undying desire for attention doesn't bother me in this case because their presence brings more attention to the Webbys.

When I heard there was an award show called the Webbys, I thought the rapper named Webbie was honoring people. I'm glad I was wrong. I'm going to post a song by the Baton Rogue native anyway. Just for laughs...


You know you want it
Girl don't act like you don't want it
Girl I want it just as bad as you do

0 comments: