CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Facebook Is Finally in the Black


The news came as Facebook achieved the goal to be "cash flow positive" in the last quarter, ahead of its 2010 target.

"This is important to us because it sets Facebook up to be a strong independent service for the long term," Zuckerberg said in his blog.

Zuckerberg said in building new and better things, Facebook's developers face important challenges that require rethinking the current systems for enabling information flow across the web. Facebook claims that its users in 180 countries spend a total of six billion minutes on its social networking site every day and that 40 million update their status at least once a day.

Despite this success, Facebook is coming under increasing competition from micro-blogging site Twitter.

Source


I joined some social networking websites, College Club and Black Planet, as an undergrad and I had some bad experiences. Consequently,
I was apprehensive about joining Facebook when I became aware of its existence. I eventually joined Facebook because I realized that my previous experiences on social networking sites were caused by my idiocy. I'm not going to expound upon that realization so don't ask me any questions. It's water under the bridge at this point...


I check Facebook a couple of times everyday. It gives me the opportunity to connect with people, wish folk happy birthday, play Scrabble, and a number of other things. I wouldn't go insane if Facebook was to cease its operations, but I would probably be sad for a few days. Staying in contact with your friends as an adult can be pretty difficult. Without Facebook, I would probably lose contact with 80% of the friends I have gained over the years. It seems like people naturally grow apart as they age and move away from each other. Facebook does a good job of keeping friends connected. I'm glad that it is finally turning a profit and I hope the site will continue to improve.

0 comments: