CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 14, 2009

The Return of Michael Vick


Nothing that happened on the field - not even the return of three-time Super Bowl winner Tom Brady - could trump the shocking news last night that quarterback Michael Vick had signed with the Eagles.

As the Eagles played the New England Patriots in an exhibition game at Lincoln Financial Field, a team source said the deal, which is for one year and an option, was actually agreed to Tuesday; the team did not plan to announce it until this morning.

According to Fox Sports, Vick will be paid $1.6 million this year, with a chance for the three-time Pro Bowl quarterback to make $5.6 million as part of a 2010 option. None of the money is guaranteed, according to an Eagles source.

Vick, 31, was the first overall pick in the NFL draft by the Atlanta Falcons in 2001. He received a 23-month federal sentence after being convicted for running a dogfighting operation in Newport News, Va. He spent 18 months in prison and was released from federal custody July 20.

Source

I am glad Michael Vick is getting another chance to play in the NFL. He did something REALLY stupid and he lost damn near everything because of his actions. I touched on the Vick issue previously so I won't hop on a soapbox in this post. I was really hoping he would sign with the Panthers. Jake Delhomme does a great job promoting Bojangles, but he is an average QB these days. Oh well, let's hope the hometown team gives us a respectable showing when they play the Giants on Monday night.

"Return of the Mack" by Mark Morrison is one of the best comeback songs I have ever heard. He doesn't have the greatest voice in the world, but the song has lots of energy.

Well I tried to tell you so (yes I did)
But I guess you didn't know
As I said the story goes
Baby now I got the flow

0 comments: