CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 4, 2009

The DJ Hero Launch


Twenty-four hours after his performance at the MTV Movie Awards, Eminem returned to the stage for a duet with Jay-Z at the launch party for DJ Hero, the latest interactive music game from the makers of the wildly successful Guitar Hero series. The two traded verses on “Renegade” (and swapped microphones relay-race-style when Em’s volume was turned down too low) and each treated the star-heavy Wiltern Theater crowd to half-hour sets of hip-hop hits.

Jay went on first, at quarter to midnight, and quickly rallied the room with classics like “99 Problems,” “H To The Izzo,” “Jigga What, Jigga Who?” “Dirt Off Your Shoulder,” “Encore” and “My President is Black,” which featured a montage of Election Day headlines and photos of Barack Obama, alongside iconic images of Martin Luther King, Jr. Em ran through tracks from his new album, Relapse, including “We Made You” and “3 A.M.” (on which he was joined by Travis Barker, who recently remixed the song), and closed out the night with “Lose Yourself.” On the visual end, Em’s set was more subdued, but what he lacked in flashy lights, the renegade rapper more than made up for in balls-out zeal.

Source

I am really interested in playing this game. I know a lot of people who spend an extensive amount of time playing Guitar Hero. I think that game is cool, but I never really got into it. I guess I don't like rock music enough to play a rock simulation game. DJ Hero, on the other hand, sounds like it's right up my alley. Hip hop culture is in my veins. If I wasn't so practical, I would pursue a career as a rapper/entertainer. I was a little surprised at how many "celebrities" attended the launch of the game. The beautiful Vanessa Milano, dude from Maroon Five and other celebrities were in attendance. I think the DJ Hero brand has the potential to expand and become very profitable. This game is a good look for hip hop because the average American probably sees hip hop as a genre that degrades women and glorifies violence. DJ Hero will help dispel some of those beliefs.

Jay-Z and Eminem performed "Renegade" during the DJ Hero Launch. I think Eminem is a sub-par producer, but he did his thing with the beat on this song.

Motherfuckers say that I'm foolish
I only talk about jewels (bling bling)
Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it
See I'm influenced by the ghetto you ruined
That same dude you gave nothin, I made somethin doin
What I do through and through
And I give you the news
With a twist it's just his ghetto point-of-view
The renegade you been afraid
I penetrate pop culture, bring 'em a lot closer
To the block where they pop toasters

0 comments: