CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Word vs. The Woman


A popular Miami priest and media personality said Monday he is thinking about leaving the Roman Catholic Church for a woman he loves after a magazine ran pictures of the couple kissing and hugging. Rev. Alberto Cutie told the CBS Early Show on Monday he supports the church's stand that priests should be celibate and said he does not want to become the "anti-celibacy priest."

"I think it's a debate that's going on in our society, and now I've become kind of a poster boy for it. But I don't want to be that. I believe that celibacy is good, and that it's a good commitment to God," Cutie said.

Cutié was removed last week as head of the Miami archdiocese's international radio network and as head of his parish after the Spanish-language magazine TVnotas ran photos of Cutié embracing a woman at a bar and at a beach. Cutié headed the archdiocese's Radio Paz and Radio Peace broadcasts, heard throughout the Americas and in Spain, and earned the nickname "Father Oprah" for his relationship advice.

Source

This has to be a difficult situation for Rev. Cutie. The priesthood and the woman he loves are both worthy of a lifetime commitment. It's unfortunate that he can only choose one. I don't think that his love life is adversely affecting his ability to help his parishioners. Honestly, I am surprised that he has been able to resist temptation this long. He looks like Jesse Palmer and he lives in city with lots of talent. I am sure his money, popularity, and approach to life have women flocking to him like bees to honey. The good Reverend was bound to get caught. Nowadays, websites and gossip publications pay paparazzi top dollar to catch celebrities slipping.

I love the Lord with all my heart, but I would be hard pressed to take a vow of celibacy. Rev. Cutie says that he has never had sex with the woman he is dating. If he is telling the truth, he has the patience of Job and the willpower of DeShaun Foster in the 2004 NFC Championship. I think vows of celibacy can only be violated by coitus. Consequently, he is free to do "everything else." I'll let you define the euphemism I just put in quotations. Cue "Creep Inn" by Ideal...


Meet me at the creep inn

We can spend the weekend
I got what you're seeking
We could start creepin'
Just jump in your ride girl
I'll be there on time

2 comments:

Mary said...

He could be a minister at another denomination.

Julius Coxswain said...

True. I hope he finds a way to get the best of both worlds.