CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Heels Visit The White House


A pickup game of basketball last spring brought good luck to the University of North Carolina's basketball team and to Barack Obama, the president said Monday as he welcomed the national champions to the White House. North Carolina won the title this year. And Obama, who scrimmaged with the players during a campaign visit to Chapel Hill, N.C., won the state's Democratic primary and then carried North Carolina in November as he captured the presidency.

"I'm not sure whose luck rubbed off on who," Obama said Monday as he greeted the team on the White House's South Lawn. "I think there was just a good vibe going on there."

Source

I am one of the biggest Tar Heel fans in the country. I almost came to tears when my Heels won the NCAA National Championship this year. Carolina lost a lot of talent because of the NBA Draft and graduation. I am pretty sure Roy Williams and Co. will use the next 2 years or so to build another championship contender. President Obama's faith in the Heels makes me support him even more. Queen's "We are the Champions" is played at almost every championship ceremony. I look forward to hearing that song being played when Carolina wins another National Championship in 2012.

I've taken my bows
And my curtain calls
You brought me fame and fortune and everything that goes with it
I thank you all
But it's been no bed of roses
No pleasure cruise
I consider it a challenge before the whole human race
And I ain't gonna lose

0 comments: