CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 8, 2009

The Smiths + 1


Will Smith's mantelpiece must be laden with accolades for his acting and musical achievements. On Wednesday, though, the 40-year-old's efforts away from the entertainment scene were recognised when he was presented with a humanitarian award. And no-one was prouder than the assembled members of his family.

Jada, the actor's wife of 11 years, added: "Will often gets honoured for the great talent he is, and it's just fantastic to see him being honoured for the great man that he is."

The actor's Hancock co-star Charlize Theron - on hand to present the Fresh Prince with his gong - also had some kind words to share about her pal. "I've never met anybody like Will," revealed the Oscar-winning beauty. "I've never met anybody who has the effect he has on people."

Source

Will Smith's gradual accumulation of talent has always befuddled me. Dude went from being a marginal rapper, to a marginal actor, to one of Hollywood's biggest box office draws. I know that's an oversimplification of his career, but it's how I've always seen it. "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air" is one of my favorite television shows of all time. I thought Smith did a solid job on that show, but he was essentially playing himself. His name on the show was "Will" for Christ's sake. Today, Smith is one of the few actors who can effectively play a range of different characters. His range is almost diverse as Flipper Purify's. Anyway, I like the fact that Smith continues to contribute time and money to worthy causes. He deserves the humanitarian award he received.

Although I admire Will Smith, my admiration for him did not inspire me to right this blog entry. My jaw dropped when I saw Charlize Theron smiling IN A SMITH FAMILY PHOTO. I cannot believe Jada allowed that nonsense to happen. Theron's presense in that picture leads me to believe that Jada and Will actually have an "open" relationship. I always thought that rumor was fueled by heresay and celebrity gossip columnists. When Smith and Theron finished filiming Hancock, they flirted openly at a number of promotional events. I thought Jada would have checked Theron by now, but apparently she is cool with her husband's flirting. John Edwards needs to talk to Will Smith about how to have an affair and get away with it.

In 1995, Mokenstef released a song called "He's Mine" from the perspective of a disgruntled girlfriend. The R&B trio sang to the "other woman" that she would always be #2. I think most women feel like Mokenstef. Will Smith has it made...

He might be doing you
But he's thinkin about me,
So baby think about another lover
And go find another brother
I know he's my man
He's all in my hands
If feels good when he calls my name
Don't you wish you had the same

2 comments:

Mary said...

I just saw Hancock a couple of days ago. Thought it was very entertaining. Could hardly recognize Charlize. Last I remember seeing her was as a Monster.

The picture of Will nuzzling her neck from behind would get most wives upset.

Julius Coxswain said...

I have never seen Hancock. I will try to see it within the next week.