CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Denver vs. The WWE

The best storyline of the NBA playoffs this week has nothing to do with the impending battles between Kobe Bryant and Carmelo Anthony or Dwight Howard and LeBron James. It centers on the battle for Denver's Pepsi Center on Memorial Day between World Wrestling Entertainment Chairman Vince McMahon and Stan Kroenke, who owns the Denver Nuggets and the team's home arena.

Kroenke Sports Enterprises had originally booked the Pepsi Center on Monday for WWE Monday Night Raw, a weekly pro wrestling show aired live to a worldwide audience on cable television, but a conflict arose when the NBA scheduled Game 4 of the Western Conference Finals between the Nuggets and the Los Angeles Lakers at the arena on the same day and time. Even though the WWE secured the Pepsi Center last Aug. 15, confirmed the date in March and signed a contract on April 15, according to WWE spokesman Robert Zimmerman.

"Even though the Denver Nuggets had a strong team this year and were projected to make the playoffs," said McMahon. "Obviously Nuggets and Pepsi Center owner Stan Kroenke did not have enough faith in his own team to hold the May 25 date for a potential playoff game."

Source

Shouts out to Tirico Suave for the picture at the top of the page. Photoshop is an amazing software program. Anyway, the Denver Nuggets owner is dead wrong for not honoring his contract with the WWE. I know a lot of people think the WWE is a joke, but it has a very strong following. I watched wrestling religiously as a child and I refused to believe it was fake. Razor Ramon and Ravishing Rick Rude were my idols. I know there are lots of people in Denver who are disappointed that the match was rescheduled. It blows that my that the Nuggets organization was able to get out of it's contractual obligations. I guess the NBA has more political/financial capital than the WWE. WWE superstar John Cena moonlights as a rapper when he is not putting his foes in the Attitude Adjustment. He isn't the best lyricist in the world, but I give him an "E" for effort.

Your time is up, my time is now
You can't see me, my time is now
It's the franchise, boy I'm shinin now
You can't see me, my time is now!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

John Cena asked me out once. That is all.

Julius Coxswain said...

HA! In what city?