CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 27, 2009

Teens Can Strip Legally in Rhode Island


Rhode Island teens under 18 can’t work with power saws or bang nails up on roofs. But dance at strip clubs? Sure. Just as long as the teens submit work permits, and are off the stripper’s pole by 11:30 on school nights. It’s enough to surprise even those in America’s mecca of striptease and sin –– Las Vegas.

Providence police recently discovered that teen job opportunities extend into the local adult entertainment world while they were investigating a 16-year-old runaway from Boston. The girl told detectives that she worked at Cheaters strip club this spring, and the police got tips about other underage girls working at another club.

State law says that anyone who employs a person under 18 for prostitution or for “any other lewd or indecent act” faces up to 20 years in prison and up to $20,000 in fines. The term “lewd or indecent” is subjective, McHugh said, and is applied to behavior that’s protected by the First Amendment.

Source

I really enjoy going to strip clubs. I enjoy the atmosphere, chilling with my friends, and spending money on attractive nude women. I rarely go to strip clubs these days because I have a hard time spending less than $100 during a visit. I am going through a financial squeeze right now and I can ill afford to spend money on nonessential things.

My healthy love for strip clubs took a blow when I read this story. There is no way in hell that a 16-year-old is mature enough to handle working in a strip club. There are a lot of assholes in those clubs who come there to get drunk while objectifying and disrespecting the dancers. It's hard for grown women to combat that kind of behavior, let alone a minor.
The age one becomes "legal" in this country is arbitrary. I don't think 18-year-olds are any more mature than 16-year-olds. If I had my way, I would move the minimum age for stripping to 21.

Hopefully, legislators in Rhode Island will do the right thing and raise the minimum stripping age. Too many young women in our country are lead to believe that they should use overt sexuality to get what they want in life. I don't care how bad the economy gets. High school girls don't belong in strip clubs.

There was a rose I knew
And I met her once or twice before
She was a pretty sweet thing
Not the least bit insecure
Then you came with your slick game
And played with her youth
I'm ashamed of the way you lied
Played with the truth

0 comments: