CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Sayōnara Sarah




I definitely didn't see this resignation coming. I thought she was seriously considering a run for the Presidency in 2012. I know that she can still run for President, but she is less likely to win the nomination after this resignation. America is a very forgiving country at times, but it doesn't look kindly upon quitters. George Bush realized he was in over his head during his second term, but he rode it out anyway. His administration left the country in shambles, but at least he didn't quit. Anyway, I think it's very ironic that Palin said her resignation would allow her to have a greater impact on our country. This is the same person who ridiculed President Obama for being a community organizer. The same person who scoffed as his accomplishments as a non-elected official and said he was unfit to lead. Her about-face on this matter is a classic example of the fact that politicians will say anything to get your vote.

The clip above is pretty damn hilarious in my opinion. I think it's a nice change of pace from the articles that I usually post. Palin is a very polarizing figure, even within her party. Some people are telling her good riddance, while others are playing "Sara Smile" in hopes that she will return.

If you feel like leaving
You know you can go

But why don't you stay until tomorrow
If you want to be free
You know, all you got to do is say so

And when you feel cold, I'll warm you
And when you feel you can't go on
I'll come and hold you


0 comments: