CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 26, 2009

RIP Michael Joseph Jackson 8/29/1958 – 6/25/2009


Entertainer Michael Jackson died after being taken to a hospital on Thursday having suffered cardiac arrest, according to the Los Angeles County Coroner's office. Paramedics took Jackson, 50, from his west Los Angeles home Thursday afternoon to UCLA Medical Center, where a team of physicians attempted to resuscitate him for more than an hour, said brother Jermaine Jackson. He said the famed singer was pronounced dead at 2:26 p.m. PT.

An autopsy is scheduled Friday, he said. Results are expected Friday afternoon, according to Lt. Fred Corral of the Los Angeles coroner's office, who also said Jackson was unresponsive when he arrived at the hospital.

Law enforcement officials said the Los Angeles Police Department Robbery-Homicide Division opened an investigation into Jackson's death. They stressed there is no evidence of criminal wrongdoing but that they would conduct interviews with family members and friends.

Source

The world lost a luminary and a legend yesterday when Michael Jackson passed away. I know MJ had some health issues, but I never thought he would die at 50. His influence can be found in almost every male R&B/Pop star that entered the music business after him. He opened his wallet and donated millions to humanitarian efforts. Unfortunately, his life outside of music wasn't as positive. The pedophilia accusations and his money issues have made headlines for the last decade or so. It saddens me to see television and radio personalities trashing MJ's name on the day of his death. You would think those people would at least wait a few days before they pissed on his memory. I guess there will always be people out there who like to focus on the negative.

I accidentally locked my keys in my car yesterday. As I waited for the AAA guy to come, a friend of mine told me that the King of Pop passed away. I didn't believe it at first, but his death was confirmed by the LA Times a few minutes later. "Wanna Be Starting Something" was booming out of car that passed me and I couldn't help but think about all the amazing music MJ made in his career. He will be missed.

I took my baby to the doctor
With a fever, but nothing he found
By the time this hit the street
They said she had a breakdown
Someone's always tryin' to start my baby cryin'
Talkin', quealin', lyin'
Sayin' you just wanna be startin' somethin'

0 comments: