CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Good Looking Out Sandra

ctress Sandra Bullock was inducted Friday into a New Orleans high school's "Hall of Fame" after donating tens of thousands toward rebuilding the public school heavily flooded by Hurricane Katrina in 2005. Bullock took the auditorium stage at Warren Easton High School to a standing ovation from about 300 people. She said she couldn't take all the credit for renovations after the school suffered $4 million in damages from nearly 10 feet of floodwater from the storm.

"I just write the checks," the actress said, adding she "rides the coattails of people who do amazing things."

Bullock's portrait, drawn in crayon by her 5-year-old stepdaughter Sunny, was added to a school hallway alongside dozens of portraits of alumni who went on to become famous musicians, sports stars, judges and doctors. The exact amount of her donation hasn't been made public. But Bullock called it "the best investment I ever made."

Source

I haven't seen Sandra Bullock in a minute. I loved Eraser and the two Speed movies were better than I expected. I have no plans to see The Proposal, but I'm glad Sandra Bullock is back on the big screen. I actually had a lightweight crush on her back in the days. I was going through my older white woman phase. Anyway, I am glad she donated so much money to Hurricane Katrina relief. Most people don't realize that the city of New Orleans still hasn't fully recovered from Katrina's damage. If I lost all of my material possessions and was displaced, I am sure I would become a totally different person. Thankfully, Sandra Bullock's donation helped some New Orleans students regain a sense of normalcy. I wish more celebrities would cut a check to help the less fortunate. I think "The Greatest Love of All" by Whitney Houston pretty much sums up how Sandra Bullock feels about the students she helped. Whitney Houston did a great job singing that song, but the Coming to America version is 100x better. Timeless comedy...

I believe the children are our are future
Teach them well and let them lead the way
Show them all the beauty they possess inside
Give them a sense of pride to make it easier
Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be

0 comments: